- How much calcium should I be eating every day?
- It depends what age you are. The recommended dietary allowance (RDA)* for children and adults is 800mg per day, while teenagers (11 to 17 years) need 1200mg per day. Pregnant women also need 1200mg per day. Three servings a day will help meet calcium needs of an adult or child, five servings are recommended during adolescence and pregnancy. One EasiSingles slice contains 140mg of calcium which is 18% of the RDA for a child or adult.
* Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI), Recommended Dietry Allowances for Ireland, 1999
- I find it difficult to get my teenager to eat the recommended 5 portions of dairy a day. Could you suggest ways to encourage him to eat dairy?
- There are lots of ways to encourage teenagers to eat the recommended five portions of dairy a day. Cappuccinos, hot chocolate, toasted cheese sandwiches, fruit smoothies with yoghurt and cheese on crackers are all great serving suggestions. Buy a healthy breakfast cereal that they like to encourage milk consumption & make porridge with milk instead of water. For dinner try adding a slice of cheese to homemade burgers or serve lasagne. Serve rice pudding for dessert or fruit salad with yoghurt. Savoury or sweet pancakes is another interesting way to increase calcium intakes.
- Are EasiSingles products suitable for people with coeliac disease?
- Gluten, which is found in wheat, barley, rye and oats triggers an autoimmune reaction in people with coeliac disease. This means that eating gluten damages the lining of the small intestine. Other parts of the body may also be affected. All EasiSingles products are suitable for people with coeliac disease.
- Are EasiSingles products suitable for vegetarians?
- Yes, all of the EasiSingles products are suitable for vegetarians.
Would you like to ask us a question? Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org